solo travel Travel Guide
24 Fun Things to do (Before you Die) in the PhilippinesThursday, February 02, 2012Ryan Mach
1. Visit your hometown and explore sights around. Believe me, you don't know your province that well and there are interesting attractions you're unheard of that may surprise you.
Try a Roro. It's safe and it's not that bad.
4. Learn a local dialect. Ilonggo, Iluko, Waray, Bicolano... Ah, you won't run out of choices.
5. Climb a mountain. Climbing mountains is not for the faint of heart, but it's great feeling to be standing atop one.
Dive with a whale shark. They say swimming with these gentle giants is among the most powerful wilderness experiences in the world. Donsol is famous for Butanding, and there's another one in Oslob, Cebu.
7. Surf. La Union, Baler, Pagudpud , Siargao - lots of options even for beginners.
Water raft. It's an exhilarating experience, to say the least. Doesn't matter if you do it in CDO or in Cagayan River.
10. Road trip. Long bus rides are fun. Trying those sleeper buses sounds like a good experience too.
Travel solo and meet people on the road. Independent travel gives you the flexibility to do whatever and go wherever you want.
Visit old churches.
Bike in the countryside, or any off beaten path.
15. Experience riding on a topload.
16. Partake in local tradition.
17. Go skinny dipping. Whether it’s alone in a hot spring or remote beach, that liberating feeling of letting it all hang free is simply incredible.
18. Chow down on local cuisines and delicacies.
sleep under the stars. Seeing the stars properly – really seeing them – can be totally mind blowing.
21. Experience sand boarding.
22. Zip line.
23. Trek among the rice terraces in Banaue and Batad.
24. Try a traditional tobacco.
What's in your bucket list?