Coron Again, Naturally

Tuesday, March 29, 2016Ryan Mach

I went to Coron in 2015 alone. Spending 2 days in the island wasn't enough. I simply craved for more. And so, as the plane hovered above and away from Busuanga, I promised myself that I would go back. Soon. It happened, 8 months after the short jaunt, I was in again for a Coron adventure - and this time with close friends from college. What made the trip much sweeter was the fact that it was all-expense paid, courtesy of a dear friend who's based in the UK.
Banol is the name of this small packet of white sand beach. Our tour guide said it got its name from a chest of gold found in the area. 
Loads of boats often flock to this small makeshift docking area. From here, tourists take a short trek to Kayangan Lake.
My friend, Eileen (middle) brought a Fujifilm Intax that had 20 rolls of film. It made the trip more nostalgic than it already was.
Gab, my friend's husband, is Hungarian. They met in Malaysia and moved to the UK. He has a penchant for history and he loves trying out new stuff.
Joining the trip is Birgit who's originally from Austria. She spent years in Spain before moving to the UK where she's currently based. She's planning to do a world tour soon.
My friend, Eloisa and her husband. Eloi is a college friend. She is from Nasugbu, Batangas. She has this loud and infectious laugh which is simply endearing. One of the many things I love about her.

View from the villa at the northern part of the Balinsasayaw Resort. It gets very quiet at night, even the sound of waves lapping the shore seems muffled.
Another thing to love about our stay in Balinsasayaw Resort is the food - fresh and delicious.
My friend, Joy, and I go a long way back. We used to argue a lot. Haha.
I didn't get to see a few other attractions in Coron the first time I went there. Baraccuda Lake was one of them.
How time flies! I can't believe it's been 10 years since college.
We ended our trip on a high note - doing a trek to Mt. Tapyas. Hiking up at 10 in the morning is not a good idea.  

 Watch the video of our Coron trip.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form - Powered by Blogger